- 6 eggs
- 1½ cups ricotta
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup butter, melted + extra for cast iron pan
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large lemons, zested
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tbsp baking powder
1) Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
2) In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks, ricotta, sour cream, milk and melted butter. Add in sugar, salt and lemon zest. Combine flour and baking powder into previous mixture.
3) n a medium bowl, whip the egg whites until they form firm peaks. Fold half the egg whites gently into the batter, until just combined, then fold in remaining egg whites. Be sure not to overmix!
4) Melt a small amount of butter in your favorite cast iron pan, then add in a large spoonful of batter. When bubbles start to form, muster all your courage and flip over the pancake. The pancakes are done when fluffy, golden brown and cooked through. Serve immediately to ensure they stay fluffy.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page