Ingredients for Nori Chips (Makes 24 chips)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground sea salt
- 3 unsalted nori sheets (8”x8”)
Ingredients for Matcha Cocoa Date Balls with Coconut (Makes 12 balls)
- 10-12 dried dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- ⅓ cup unsweetened dried fine coconut flakes for rolling
- ½ teaspoon matcha powder for rolling
Directions for Nori Chips
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Using kitchen scissors, cut the nori sheets in half then in quarters. Cut the quarters in half once more so you end up with 24 4”x2” pieces. Place a wire baking rack on a half sheet pan. Arrange the nori strips on the rack in a single layer. Use a pastry brush to lightly coat each nori strip with coconut oil. Sprinkle each strip evenly with the nutritional yeast then the sea salt.
3. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the nori is crisp and slightly curled on the edges. Allow to cool before eating. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days.
Directions for Matcha Cocoa Date Balls with Coconut
1. In a shallow bowl, mix the coconut flakes and ½ teaspoon of matcha powder together and set aside.
2. Add the dates and coconut oil to a food processor and pulse several times to break the dates apart.
3. Add the cocoa powder, sea salt, and 1 tablespoon of matcha powder and blend to combine. Stop blending when the mixture comes together to form a ball. Use a ½ tablespoon to portion out the mixture.
4. Roll between your palms to form a ball and then roll each ball in the coconut flake mixture. Set the balls on a plate and refrigerate until firm, 20-30 minutes.