- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (for frying)
- Place sweet potatoes in a colander. Place a cheesecloth over the potatoes, and squeeze the potatoes to release as much liquid as possible. Let the potatoes sit to release more liquid, then squeeze again.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, eggs, brown sugar, flour, cloves and cinnamon; mix well.
- Heat oil in large heavy skillet to 375°F (190°C).
- Form mixture into pancake size cakes, and fry in hot oil. Flip cakes after 2 to 3 minutes (when bottom is browned) and brown other side. Drain on paper towels, and serve piping hot!
- Serve with cranberry apple sauce!