Chef Michael Silverstein incorporates healthy habits in this Trifle from his new book “New Keto Cooking.”
Berry Cheesecake Trifle
- 1-pound strawberries, hulled and cut in half, divided
- 12 ounces raspberries, divided
- 12 ounces blackberries, divided
- 6 ounces blueberries, divided
- 1 ½ cups allulose or erythritol sweetener, divided
- 1 ½ pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1-pint heavy whipping cream
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine half of the strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries with 1 cup of sweetener. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until the berries are soft. Pour them into a bowl and place it in the freezer for a few minutes to cool.
- In a bowl, using a spatula or hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy, then set aside. Once the berry mixture is cooled, add it to the cream cheese and mix it together until well combined. Next, using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment or a hand mixer, make the whipped cream by combining the remaining ½ cup of sweetener with the cream and beating until stiff peaks are formed.
- Assemble the trifle: start with a layer of the berry cream cheese mixture, then add a layer of whipped cream, then too with a combination of the remaining fresh berries. Repeat until you have three layers of each component. Top with a little more whipped cream and a few fresh mint leaves (if using). Place in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.