Michael Schulson shows us how quick and easy it is to make your own pizza dough with his Margherita Pizza recipe.
- 1 pizza dough (recipe below)
- 1/3 cup red sauce(recipe below)
- ½ cup fresh sliced mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp. Olive oil
- 5 leaves fresh basil
- ½ tsp. Fresh grated parmigiano cheese
- 6 cups flour
- 2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Dry instant yeast
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Pepper to taste
- Dust the pizza dough in flour and stretch to 10 to 12 inches round
- Ladle the tomato sauce on top of the pizza spreading all the way to crust
- Bake in a 500-degree oven on a pizza stone or inverted tray for 4-6 minutes
- Finish with olive oil, parmiagiano cheese and fresh basil
- Place flour, water, and yeast in a stand mixer with a hook attachment. Mix on low for 7 minutes.
- Add salt and olive oil. Mix slightly faster for 3 minutes
- Let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Shape into 4 balls. Dough holds refrigerated for 3 days. Best used on the second day. If using the day of, leave at room temperature for two hours before use.
- Place the canned tomatoes into a colander to allow excess liquid to drain.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend till smooth