Ingredients for Cake
- 1 cup (230 g) butter, room temperature
- 2 cups (384 g) sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Meyer lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon oil or natural lemon essence
- 3 cups (375 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (237 ml) buttermilk, room temperature
Ingredients for Glaze
- ½ cup (115 g) butter
- 1 ¼ cups (240 g) sugar
- 6 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- Pinch of kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 325℉ and grease an 8-cup Bundt pan with nonstick spray.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, place the butter, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, lemon oil/essence, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and buttermilk. Mix on low speed for 1 minute. Increase speed to medium and mix for an additional 4 minutes.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
4. While the cake is baking, combine the butter, sugar, lemon juice and salt in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Do not boil the glaze. Cool to room temperature.
5. Poke holes all over still warm cake with a metal or wooden skewer and slowly pour glaze in three increments over the cake in the pan allowing glaze to soak into the cake before adding more glaze. Cool cake in pan for 10 - 15 minutes before turning cake out of pan. Serve with lightly sweetened whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or a dollop of Meyer lemon curd.