Petite Taqueria’s Chef De Cuisine's Jeff Arrieta is making a delicious pizza with flour tortillas.
Pizza, Lunch, Dinner
- Flour Tortillas
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Pico De Gallo
- Sour Cream
- Refried Peruvian Beans
- Ground Beef | 5 pounds
- Onions | 2 medium-sized yellow onions, peeled and chopped
- Jalapeños | 2 chopped
- Garlic Powder | 3 tablespoons
- Onion Powder | 3 tablespoons
- Paprika | 1/4 cup
- Cayenne Powder | 1 teaspoon
- Cilantro | 2 bunches chopped
- Tapatio | 2 ounces
- Lime Juice | 2 ounces
- Peruvian Yellow Beans | 2 pounds
- Onions | 1 medium-sized white onions, peeled and chopped in half
- Habanero | 3 whole
- Garlic | 6 cloves
- Carrots | 1 pound
- Onions | 2 medium-sized white onions, peeled and chopped in half
- Jalapeño | 5
- Garlic | 8 cloves
- Mexican Oregano | 3 tablespoons
- Bay Leaf | 1
- Salt | to taste
- Distilled Vinegar | 1 cup
- Begin by playing a large skillet on medium heat. Add two cups of vegetable oil to the large skillet. Allow oil to come to a 350 degree heat and place one tortilla at a time on the skillet. Allow to try on each side for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove tortilla from the oil and allow it to dry on a paper towel. Season with salt.
- Begin by heating a large sauce pan on high heat. Add about 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Then add your ground beef once the oil begins to smoke. Add in onions and jalapeños after. Also add in all of the spices (Paprika, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder and Cayenne). Add in Tapatio, chopped cilantro, salt and lime juice.
- Begin by placing a large pot on the stove. Add in 4 quarts of water and 2 pounds of dry beans. Then add in the white onion cleaned and cut in half. Continue to add 3 whole habaneros and 6 garlic cloves.
- Bring it all to a boil then lower and let simmer for about an hour and a half. Strain beans from cooling liquid then refry in a smaller pot with a little bit of oil to re-warm them.
- Begin by peeling your carrots and cutting them into small slices. Cut white onion into 1/8 pieces. Peel garlic cloves also. Heat a medium size sauce pot to medium heat and add in 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Once oil is hot add in carrots, onions, garlic and jalapeño. Sweat for 10 minutes. Then add in 2 cups of distilled vinegar and add in 1 bay leaf. Bring to boil, allow to simmer for 15 minutes then let it cool down immediately. Serve cold.
Building Mexican Pizza
- Begin by placing your fried tortilla on a cutting board. Smear an even layer of the refried beans on the tortilla.
- Top the beans with an even layer of Picadillo and place iceberg lettuce around the tortilla.
- Drizzle sour cream with a squeeze bottle if possible and add chopped Escabeche. Also add pico de gallo at the end.