COCONUT SNOW BALLS
You can use your favorite coconut cake recipe or this simple recipe, the goal is to create a thin cake layer that you will cut out small rounds for your mousse to sit upon.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine all ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer and mix at low speed for 2 minutes. Making sure all ingredients are mixed thoroughly together.
3. Pour into a 1/2 sheet jelly roll pan that has been prepared with parchment paper and sprayed with pan spray.
4. Bake for 18 minutes or until completely baked and golden on top. Remove from oven and let cool completely then cut out circles that match the size of your scoop, these cake discs will act as a support/ base for the coconut mousse.
COCONUT MOCK MOUSSE:
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer add heavy cream and coconut pudding mix
2. Using a whisk attachment, whip on low for about one minute or until it is incorporated,
3. Turn on to medium high speed until well whipped.
4. Piped directly onto coconut cake bases or place into fridge to set up and then scoop onto cake bases with an ice cream/cookie scoop.
Prep your unsweetened shredded coconut, place 16 oz into bowl, set aside until ready to use
1. Place a small amount of raspberry preserve onto the center of each coconut cake base.
2. Scoop or pipe your coconut mock mousse on to the coconut cake base, making sure to cover up the raspberry preserve.
3. Using a small offset spatula or small knife, make sure to bring the mouse down the edge of the cake base so that the shredded coconut has something to stick to.
4. Scoop the unsweetened shredded coconut with your clean or gloved hand and cover the coconut mock mousse.
5. Form the rounded top coconut snowball.
Decorate with edible glitter, “Diamond Dust”, you can go the extra step and decorate with pre-made sugar decoration, available at the local crafts store or bakery shop.