- ⅔ sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- One 8-Ounce bar reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared ranch dressing
- 3 strips bacon, cooked, drained and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion, (optional)
- Beaten egg or milk, for brushing (optional)
- Crostini and vegetables for serving
- Place the puff pastry on a flour-dusted surface and roll until big enough to wrap around the bar of cream cheese.
- Spread the ranch over the outside of the cream cheese, and then coat with the chopped bacon.
- Place in the center of the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle the green onion if using over the top of the cream cheese.
- Fold the pastry to up to cover the cream cheese, sealing the seam with your fingertips and a few drops of water.
- Tuck the hanging edges under the cream cheese to make a smooth rectangular shape.
- Brush with the beaten egg or milk if you want a shiny finish.
- Place the bar in a small oven-safe serving dish and bake until the pastry is golden and the cream cheese is soft, 30/35 minutes. Serve with crostini and vegetables.
**STORE IN REFRIDGERATOR OVERNIGHT AND THEN HEAT BEFORE GAME.
Check out Melissa's web series, "The Picky Eaters Project," on FoodNetwork.com.