1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. Whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add oil until soft crumbles form. Whisk in milk and egg. Gently fold in chiles and corn.
3. Pour into greased baking pan (or large cast iron skillet). Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes. Can also use Jiffy Cornbread Mix.
4. While cornbread is baking, combine beef with cumin and chili powder and sauté in a skillet over medium heat until fully cooked, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
5. Once cornbread is done baking, reduce oven to 350˚F. Poke holes in cornbread with a fork and pour enchilada sauce over it. Top with ground beef and shredded cheese, and cover with aluminum foil.
6. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and put back until cheese begins to get crusty, about 5-10 minutes. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving and adding additional toppings.