These soufflés are heavenly treats that will have you floating on air with each bite.
Mashed Potato Mozzarella & Beet Clouds
Makes 6 Ramekins
MASHED POTATO MOZZARELLA:
- 1 1/2 pounds of potatoes
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella
- Two eggs
- 1/4 cup italian breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper
BEET CLOUDS INGREDIENTS:
- 1 large beet (peeled and grated)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- ½ cup of flour
- 4 eggs yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 6 2 in cubes of feta
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Salt and pepper
MASHED POTATO MOZZARELLA CLOUDS DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 6 ramekins’ and place on a cooking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make 1 1/2 pounds of unpeeled potatoes. Boil in high heat until tender and then set aside on a bowl to be mashed.
- In a bowl, mash potatoes.
- In a separate bowl beat two eggs and add to mashed potatoes.
- Add milk, butter, parmesan, mozzarella, breadcrumbs, red pepper flake, salt and pepper. (leave some breadcrumbs, parm and mozzarella to top each ramekin).
- Mash together all ingredients and scoop into ramekins.
- Top with breadcrumbs, parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the top is golden brown.
BEET CLOUDS DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 6 ramekins and set aside on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and flour to start your roux.
- Add warm milk, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper and stir until thick. Set aside.
- Add egg yolks and beat with a blender or whisk.
- Add the grated beetroot.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites to make a cloud.
- Mix all together and pour into ramekins.
- Place one cube of feta in the center of each ramekin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and serve.