Grammy nominee Martina McBride shares her recipe for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Prep Time 40 Minutes Total Time 65 Minutes
- 3 cups uncooked old-fashioned rolled oats
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups salted whole peanuts
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350˚F. Stir together the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the butter with a mixer at medium speed. Add the sugars, and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the peanut butter, and beat 1 minute. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- Reduce the speed to low, and beat in the oats mixture just until combined. Add the peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake, in batches, rotating the sheets halfway through until the edges are golden brown and just set, 10-11 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheets on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to the wire rack to cool completely.