Ingredients for the Marshmallow
- 8 egg whites room temperature
- 2/3 cup water 160ml
- 2 2/3 cups sugar 550g, divided
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup 44mL
- 2 tsp vanilla extract 10mL
Ingredients for Brownies
- 2 cups granulated sugar 400g
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder 30g
- 1 cup flour 120g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 4g
- 2 teaspoon salt 12g
- 2 cup dark chocolate chips 350g
- 1 cup melted butter 225g
- For the Chocolate Swirls:
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate 115g
- 4 tbsp heavy cream 60mL
For the Brownie:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prep a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Mix together.
3. Sift cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt into a separate bowl. Mix again.
4. Combine with egg and sugar mixture.
5. Toss in chocolate chips and melted butter.
6. Add batter to pan and smooth.
7. Bake for about 30 minutes.
For the Marshmallow:
1. Beat the egg whites and 2/3 cup of sugar until soft peaks form.
2. In a medium saucepan add the remaining sugar, 2/3 cup water and corn syrup, then place on low heat.
3. Stir until the sugar melts and becomes clear.
4. Maintain at medium high heat until temperature reads 235-240F.
5. Drizzle the sugar into the mixer immediately.
6. Add vanilla and run mixer until marshmallow is cool/tepid.
For the Assembly:
1. Melt 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate and about 2 tablespoons of cream together. Set aside.
2. Once the brownie has cooled, pile the marshmallow fluff on and smooth it out using a spatula.
3. Pipe the chocolate ganache all over the top and use a toothpick or skewer to create a more marbleized pattern of swirls.