- 4 Medium portobello mushrooms, 4 to 5 inches in diameter
- ½ teaspoon canola oil
- 8 ounces lean ground turkey
- ¾ cup marinara sauce, jarred
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 4 slices green bell pepper, cut in ¼-inch rings
"This book took 2 years to create, we tested every recipe at least 2 to 3 times a week. I thought a lot about indulgent dishes, things like pizzas, pastas, chickens, things families would like. I wanted them to be easy recipes anyone could make in their own kitchen. I had my staff taste test and try to make the recipes themselves. I can confidently say, there is so much work and passion behind each and every recipe."
- Preheat a grill to 350°.
- Set out 4 (12 x 12 inch) pieces of aluminum foil on the counter.
- Remove the mushroom stems by gently snapping them off.
- With a tablespoon, gently scrape the gills from the underside of the mushrooms.
- Spray the tops of the mushroom caps with cooking spray, and place each cap, sprayed-side down, on a piece of foil.
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Crumble in the turkey and cook, stir often, until starting to brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the marinara sauce and oregano and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread ¼ of the meat mixture of each mushroom cap, top each cap with 2 tbsps. mozzarella and a bell pepper ring.
- Loosely wrap the foil around the mushroom caps and grill for 10 minutes, or until mushroom is cooked.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: (1 pizza) Calories 180 | Carbohydrate 7g (Sugars 2g) | Total Fat 8g (Sat Fat 3g) | Protein 20g | Fiber 2g | Chol. 60 mg | Sodium 320 mg | Exchanges 2½ Lean Meat, 1 Vegetable, ½ Fat | WW Plus Point Comparison: 5
Be sure to get your copy of "Eat What You Love Everyday:200 All New Great-Tasting Recipes Low in Sugar, Fat, and Calories." is available at marlenekoch.com.