- 8 ounces pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups milk (I use non-fat but 2% or whole are fine also.)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese (Cheddar Cheese)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the topping by tossing the bread crumbs with the melted butter in a medium bowl. Then mix in the cheese. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain and cover.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large saucepan and blend in the flour, salt and pepper. Cook until the mixture is bubbly, and then gradually add the milk, stirring while adding.
- Over medium heat, cook and stir until the sauce boils. Simmer for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the cheese, and stir until just melted.
- Add the pasta to the cheese mixture and toss lightly to coat. Pour into a 9-inch square-baking dish, and then sprinkle with the topping.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the topping is lightly golden.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.