Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 12 muffin tins with muffin baking cups.
2. To prepare streusel topping: combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and maple extract in bowl of food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add cold butter pieces and pulse until mixture is coarse and crumbly. Add pecan pieces and stir to blend. Reserve.
3. To prepare muffins: in a large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk to blend; reserve.
4. In another bowl, combine egg, brown sugar, milk, canola oil, maple syrup and maple extract; whisk until blended. Add to flour mixture and stir to blend. Fold in pecans. Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling two-thirds full. Top muffin batter evenly with streusel topping.
5. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing.
6. While muffins are baking, simmer apple cider in a small saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until liquid has reduced to ¼ cup. Cool. In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons cider syrup and powdered sugar; whisk until smooth (add additional cider syrup, as needed, to adjust glaze). Drizzle cider glaze evenly over muffins.