- 5 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup grated coconut palm sugar
- 3 tablespoons freshly cracked black pepper (largest grind on a peppermill)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- One 4-inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ounce fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 ounce fresh mint leaves
- Toasted sourdough bread, sliced 1-inch-thick, brushed with olive oil, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
1) In a small bowl, combine the dark soy, oyster sauce, lime juice, coconut palm sugar and half the black pepper. Set aside.
2) Heat the oil in a large saute pan or skillet over high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and the remaining black pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, to release the flavors, but do not let the garlic brown. Add the shrimp. Sauté, stirring and shaking the pan to prevent sticking, 5 to 7minutes. Add the oyster sauce mixture. Stir well. Add the butter, stir well and pour out into a large bowl.
3) Serve immediately with the fresh herbs sprinkled over the top, toasted bread and wedges of fresh lime to squeeze over the shrimp.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page