- 6 oz -- Whole Belly Maine Clams (whole belly is important!)
- Dry Milk that's includes water, in a 3 part to 4 part ratio (3 parts water, 4 parts dry milk
Ingredients for Tartar Sauce
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. minced onion
- 2 Tbsp. relish
Directions for Clams
1. Marinate 6oz of whole belly Maine clams in dry milk & water for at least 1 hour
2. Prepare 3 bowls, one featuring straight flour, another equal parts water and Drum Rock Batter Mixture, one straight dry Drum Rock Batter Mixture
3. Dip the clams in the flour, coating evenly, then dip in Drum Rock/water mixture, then dip into the straight dry Drum Rock Batter Mixture. Give clams a little shake in a mesh strainer after they've been fully coated to remove excess.
4. From there, place the clams gently into a 325 degree fryer, paying attention to keep the "0" shape of the clam.
5. After 45 seconds, lift clams and let rest for 1 minute, then drop the clams again for another 45-50 seconds until golden brown and crunchy.
6. Serve with fries, lemon wedges, tartar sauce or malt vinegar.
Directions for Tartar Sauce
1. Mix all together