Christy Carlson Romano is making a tasty Italian dish perfect to serve on Valentine’s Day.
Pasta in Turkey Bolognese Sauce:
- 1 box Rotini (or heart shaped pasta for Valentine’s Day)
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey meat
- 2 tsps. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- ½ white onion
- 4 Beefsteak tomatoes, cubed
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- ½ cup water
- Sugar to taste
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, make Bolognese: In a large skillet or pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix ground turkey with Italian seasoning; season with salt and pepper.
- Add ground turkey to garlic and onion; cook until no longer pink, 5 minutes more.
- Turn down heat and add cubed tomatoes and ½ cup of water, let stew for 20 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, start layering in the Parmesan cheese, mixing frequently, adding water if needed to keep the mixture moist. Stir in sugar to taste.
- Toss with pasta.
- Serve, adding Parmesan on top. Serve with rustic bread or garlic bread.