- 4 bosc pears quartered, seeds removed
- 8 oz bacon, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar glaze
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, removed from stem
- Parmesan cheese shaved, to taste
Serves 4-6 people
1. Toast pecans: on the stovetop, heat pecans in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Toss frequently until pecans are golden-brown.
2. Cook bacon in a large skillet or cast-iron Dutch oven, stirring occasionally. Once the bacon is crispy, transfer to a plate and drain grease onto paper towels.
3. Remove excess bacon fat from skillet, leaving 1 tbsp. Cook pears in bacon fat over medium heat for 10 minutes or until pears are tender and brown on all sides.
4. Once pears are finished cooking, turn off heat and add Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar glaze, pecans, bacon, and fresh thyme. Toss ingredients together until well mixed.
5. Garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme and shaved parmesan cheese.