Ingredients for Themidor Sauce
- 1 QT Mornay Sauce
- 1/2 C Heavy Cream
- 2 each Shallots, brunoise
- 3 each Garlic, chopped fine
- 1 C White Wine
- 3/4 C Crimini Mushrooms, quartered
- 2 Tsp Nutmeg, ground
- TT Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne
- 1 Tsp Mustard, ground
Ingredients for Lobster
- Lobster Meat
- Lobster bodies
Ingredients for Bread Crumbs
- 2ea Baguettes
- A/N Clarified Butter (Petit Trois Fryer)
- A/N Kosher Salt
Instructions for Thermidor Sauce
1. Combine the mornay and cream, heat gently and blend to combine. Set aside and keep warm.
2. Sweat the shallots and garlic in butter. Add the white wine and reduce by 75%.
3. Add the mushrooms, nutmeg, black pepper, cayenne, and mustard and cook until the mushrooms begin to soften.
4. Add the mornay mixture to the shallot/wine mixture and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Instructions for Lobster
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Add the lobsters and cook at a full boil for 5 minutes. Place directly into an ice bath.
3. Once the lobster are cooled cut them in half lengthwise, remove and crack the claws. Remove meat from bodies and claws and cut into medium dice chunks.
4. Scrape the bodies clean and reserve for plating.
Instructions for Bread Crumbs
1. Cut bread into slices.
2. Deep fry bread until crispy and golden brown. Set aside to fully drain and cool down.
3. Robocoupe bread until you make fine bread crumbs. Season to taste with Kosher Salt.