Ingredients for the Macaroni
- 1 Whole Lobster - Boiled (about 1.5 LB)
- 4 cups cooked medium shell pasta (cook a touch before al dente and cool)
- 1 cup freshly grated Monterey jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons freshly sliced chives (extra thin)
Ingredients for Sauce
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- Shells from the cooked lobster
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
Ingredients for Topping
- Crushed Ritz Crackers
- Crush Kettle Chips
- Parmesan Reggiano
1. Break down fully cooked lobster, setting the shells aside for the sauce and cutting the lobster into a large dice.
2. While you are breaking down the lobster, cook the pasta ensuring it is a touch undercooked. Rinse and cool. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium saucepan until shimmering but not smoking. Add the lobster shells and shallots. Sauté for 2 minutes stirring frequently. Add the garlic and sauté for another minute. Deglaze with white wine and reduce until almost dry. Add cream and clam juice and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain and return to stove top.
4. Combine the cornstarch and the water to make the slurry. Bring the strained sauce back up to a simmer and thicken with the cornstarch slurry a little bit at a time until the sauce thickens. Add cheese and whisk together until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Add fresh thyme.
5. In a large bowl fold together noodles, cheese sauce, lobster and grated Monterey jack cheese. Pack into a skillet. Top with the cracker/potato chip crust and freshly grated parmesan. Bake in a 350F oven until golden brown and bubbly - About 8 minutes.