- 1.5 lbs mashed potatoes
- 1.5 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup italian breadcrumbs
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil, for frying
- Sour cream (optional)
- Ranch dressing (optional)
- Chopped green onions (optional)
1. Combine the mashed potatoes, both cheeses, crumble bacon, flour, garlic powder, onions and egg in a large bowl and stir to combine. Chill the mixture, covered, for about 15 minutes, up to 24 hours.
2. Use an ice cream scoop with a trigger release handle to scoop potato mixture into small 2 inch rounds. Shape the rounds into ⅓ inch thick patties using your hands. Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl and coat potato patties on both sides with breadcrumbs.
3. Lightly oil the bottom of a cast iron or non-stick pan with the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Cook the potato patties for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown, and then place on a paper towel lined plate. Let cool slightly before enjoying. Dip in either sour cream or ranch dressing.