- 2 lb. salmon filet of your choice
- 1 cup of your favorite prepared BBQ sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
Ingredients for Finish
- 2 cups char grilled corn (see method)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled aged white cheddar
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup crumbled tortilla chips
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- Slices of lime for garnish
- 4-6 cups mixed greens
Ingredients for BBQ Crema
- ½ cup reserved BBQ sauce
- ½-¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- The juice of a lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook Time 20 minutes
Serves 4-6 People
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare all the garnishes. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Lay the whole salmon filet onto the parchment-lined sheet and set aside. Take care to remove all the bones.
2. Mix the BBQ sauce and pour half over the salmon filet. Bake the salmon for 20 minutes or until the fish is cooked completely. While the salmon is cooking, mix the creamy BBQ dressing.
3. Once the salmon has finished cooking, sprinkle all the garnishes over top and serve directly from the pan. Serve over mixed greens and top with lime and BBQ crema.
4. To char the corn, grill the cob on all sides in a grill pan or under the broiler. Slice off the cobb and use for topping the salmon.