- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract (i prefer the paste, the difference is pretty amazing!)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Toppings (optional): vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, chopped walnuts, sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 375 F°
2. Place the 3-inch ramekins on the baking sheet.
3. Sift or mix (remember i am lazy) together the flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
4. Cut butter into 1-inch pieces.
5. In a standing mixer bowl, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar, light brown sugar, and vanilla until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
6. Add the eggs (and yolk ) one at a time, beating well after each addition.
7. Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips, and mix.
8. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop dough into each of the ramekins.
9. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until cookies are just set but still slightly undercooked.
10. Remove the ramekins from the oven, cool and transfer to wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.
11. Scoop vanilla ice cream on top with additional optional toppings: chopped walnuts or sprinkles and enjoy!