Ingredients for Avocado Pesto:
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup pine nuts, crushed
- 1 whole avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) package linguine
Ingredients for Raw Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3⁄4 cup raw cashews
- 3⁄4 cup raw walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup cacao nibs
Directions for avocado pesto:
- In a medium bowl, combine the basil, pine nuts, avocado, and oil. Mash the ingredients together with a potato masher until well blended. Alternatively, pulse the ingredients in a food processor until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add the salt and season to taste with pepper. Makes about 1 1⁄2 cups.
- Cook the linguine according to the package instructions. Drain and toss into a serving bowl. Add the pesto and toss well. Top with the tomatoes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Directions for raw chocolate chip cookies:
- Process the dates in a food processor until well chopped. Add the cashews, walnuts, coconut oil, salt, and vanilla and process until smooth. Add the cacao nibs and pulse to combine.
- Using your hands, form the dough into 10 cookies. Chill in the fridge for about 1 hour to solidify before serving.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.