Samantha Harris is in the kitchen cooking an Italian favorite with lentils, vegetables and marinara sauce.
- 1 bunch organic asparagus, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 head organic broccoli, chopped
- 1/2-1 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 jar roasted red bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 package Tolerant (or other brand) organic red lentil rotini pasta
- 1 jar organic marinara sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced, if desired
- pepper to taste
- Himalayan salt
Lentil Pasta Primavera - Home & Family
Prepare pasta to package directions. Steam chopped broccoli to bright green, not over-steamed. Trim asparagus to 1” pieces then toss with EVOO and salt, then place under broiler for approx 10-12 minutes. Should be browned lightly, but not burned. Saute garlic and red peppers with a minimal amount of EVOO, once softened, add marinara sauce and keep on simmer. Add pasta when al dente to the simmering sauce. Pepper to taste. Add all other ingredients when ready. Serve warm. Enjoy!