- ½ baguette, cubed
- 12 ounces small red new potatoes, halved
- Canola oil
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin on
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 12 ounces heirloom baby multi-colored carrots or supermarket baby carrots, scrubbed and tops removed
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 1 small bunch fresh lemon thyme or thyme sprigs
- Fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the cubed baguette on a sheet tray and bake 10 minutes to dry out. reserve.
- Add the potatoes to a pot of simmering water and simmer until you just take the bite off, 10 minutes (we will cook these again in the skillet). Remove and reserve.
- Turn up the oven temperature to 425 degrees F.
- Heat a 14-inch heavy-bottomed skillet on high and coat with canola oil.
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Sear the chicken skin-side down, working in batches if needed, until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Flip and cook another 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, reserving all of the fat in the pan.
- Add the onions, sprinkle with salt and sweat until translucent and softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add the baguette cubes, reserved potatoes and carrots, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon wedges and lemon thyme.
- Toss all the ingredients in the fat with an additional glug of oil if needed.
- Arrange the thighs on top and place in the oven until the thighs reach 160 degrees F, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Lemon Scented Chicken Thighs
Get more recipes from Kelsey at her website, kelseynixon.com.