- 2 (10-ounce) bone-in skinless chicken breasts
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small celery stalk, finely chopped
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup whole wheat orzo
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1. Place chicken, carrot, celery, onion, ¼ teaspoon salt, and the pepper in large saucepan. Add broth and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat; skim and discard any foam that rises to top. Lower heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Transfer chicken to plate with slotted spoon to cool slightly. Add orzo to saucepan, adjust heat, and cook at bare simmer until tender, 6-8 minutes. Meanwhile, when chicken is cool enough to handle, shred meat with fork or your fingers and discard bones.
3. Whisk eggs, lemon juice, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt together in medium bowl until frothy. Stirring constantly, gradually add ½ cup hot liquid from soup into egg mixture. Stir egg mixture back into soup. Add chicken and cook, stirring constantly, just until heated through, about 1 minute (do not simmer). Ladle evenly into 4 bowls and top with dill.