- Large punch bowl
- 4 packages instant vanilla pudding, mixed according to box instructions
- Peppermint extract to taste
- 1 small bottle red food coloring
- 1 small bottle green food coloring
- 1 large bag peppermint candies
- 4 large tubs cool whip
- 30 twinkies
- 30 ho hos
- 2 dozen each large and small candy canes
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
Recipe Courtesy Charles Phoenix, From His Book “Holiday Jubilee”
Prep the Pudding:
Divide pudding into two bowls. Add mint extract to taste. Generously add red food coloring to one and green to the other.
Put some peppermint candies into a double zip-lock bag and tap lightly with a hammer until they are broken into small pieces. Sift to get rid of the really teeny broken bits.
Cover bottom of punch bowl with 1 inch of red pudding. Place a ring of twinkies around the bowl so the bottom sides of twinkies face outward. Fill in the middle with broken twinkies. Cover with cool whip and sprinkle with crushed peppermints. Layer with half of green pudding, half of ho hos, and crushed peppermints. Repeat each layer. Finish with layer of cool whip and decorate with a colorful kaleidoscope of christmas candy and cherries. If you have leftover twinkies or ho hos, eat them before someone else does.