Ingredietns for Mummy Mini-Pizzas
- English muffins
- pizza/marinara sauce
- mozzarella string cheese
- black olives
- other toppings like pepperoni, optional
Ingredients for Fruit Monsters
- 2 green apples, each quartered
- sunflower butter
- 32 sunflower seeds
- 2-3 strawberries, sliced
Ingredients for Pumpkin Deviled Eggs
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup drained and chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, plus more for sprinkling
- Salt and pepper
- 3 chives, cut into 16 1/2-inch pieces
Directions for Mini-Pizzas
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut each English muffin in half down the middle. Place onto a baking sheet.
3. Spread a spoonful of pizza sauce onto each English muffin half.
4. Place toppings like pepperoni or sausage onto the sauce.
5. Pull apart your string cheese and place criss cross over the English muffins to create the "bandaged" look. (I used about 1 string cheese per English muffin half.)
6. Place sliced olives onto your mummy to have his eyes peeking through.
7. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted but still holds its shape
Instructions for Fruit Monsters
1. Cut the middles out of each quarter of the apple to create a mouth. Don't worry about perfection, you are filling this gap with sun butter anyway so if you cut too deep, you can always just cover it up and no one will know.
2. Coat the inside of the cut gap with a filling of sunflower butter.
3. Place 4 sunflower seeds on the top of the "mouth" for the teeth.
4. Place 1 sliced strawberry inside the mouth for the tongue.
5. "Glue" each eye above the mouth with a dab of sun butter to stick.
Directions for Deviled Eggs
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Gently lower eggs into water, return to a boil and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook eggs 11 minutes, drain and place in a large bowl of ice water. Cool completely, at least 10 minutes.
2. Crack eggs and carefully peel under cool running water. Slice in half lengthwise, scoop out yolks and place them in a food processor with peppers, mayonnaise, mustard and paprika. Cover and refrigerate whites. Process yolk mixture until smooth; taste and season with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer yolk mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip or a large ziplock bag. If using a bag, squeeze out air, seal and snip off a corner. Pipe about 1 Tbsp. filling into center of each egg white, to resemble a pumpkin. Set a piece of chive diagonally into filling to resemble a stem. Sprinkle yolks with paprika. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to a day.