1) For the lamb meatballs: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Place the bread in a medium bowl. Pour the milk over the bread and let soak for 10 minutes.
3) Combine the shallots and garlic in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the currants, pine nuts and parsley and pulse until finely chopped. Add the cumin, egg, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and pulse until fully incorporated. Add the lamb and the milk-soaked bread, breaking both up into chunks. Pulse until just combined. Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Continue with the remaining lamb mixture. Refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, for at least 1 hour.
4) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line another baking sheet with parchment paper.
Heat the canola oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and fry on all sides until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake until fully cooked, 15 to 20 minutes.
5) For the gremolata: Combine the parsley, mint, pine nuts, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a food processer. Pulse until roughly chopped. While continuing to pulse, add the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve on the side with the meatballs.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page