1. In a small bowl, mix together the lamb, feta, parsley, lemon zest, oil, garlic, thyme, chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Don’t overwork the sausage mixture, stop as soon as the cheese is evenly distributed. Set aside.
2. Heat your oven to 375
3. Prepare your artichokes:
a. Cut the stems off so that the artichokes can sit upright. Peel and chop the stems, set aside.
b. Trim off the top ¼ of the artichoke and discard.
c. Remove the toughest outer layers of leaves, 3-4 layers in total. Discard.
d. Tear out the purple-tinged thin leaves in the center of the artichoke. Discard.
e. Using a spoon, scoop out the furry interior, scraping it from the artichoke heart below. Discard.
4. Spread open the leaves of the artichoke, leaving a large gap in the center. Stuff ¼ of the sausage mixture into each artichoke.
5. Add peeled stems to the bottom of a stock pot and pour lemon juice in. Set stuffed artichokes on top of stems, then pour water into the pan (around the artichokes) until it touches their bottoms.
6. In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle this mixture over each artichoke, covering them entirely.
7. Put a lid on the pot and bring the liquid to a boil over high heat.
8. Remove the lid and put the pot in your oven for 45-60 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the stuffing reads 155˚-160˚.
9. Remove artichokes from pan, cut in half and serve.