- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- Frosting for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Reduce the mixer speed to medium low; beat in half of the flour mixture, then all of the milk, then the remaining flour mixture until just combined.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling each three-quarters full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Transfer the pan to a rack and let cool 5 minutes, then remove the cupcakes to the rack to cool completely.
- Top with frosting
- Add wafers
- Milano cookies
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos. Return to Episode Guide >>