Chef Brian Malarkey is making a delicious dish with homemade dressing.
Korean Picnic Salad with Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Lunch, Dinner, Skewers, Salad
- 1 Large Head of Napa Cabbage - Sliced Thin
- 1 Large Handful Bean Sprouts
- 1 Each Pineapple – Diced
- 1 Each Fresno Chili – Sliced Thin and Rinsed
- 1 Bunch Cilantro – Rough Chopped
- ½ Bunch Mint – Leaves Picked and Rough Chopped
- ½ Bunch Thai Basil or Regular Basil – Leaves Picked and Rough Chopped
- ½ Cup Cashews – Toasted – Salted – Rough Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons – Furikake – Japanese Sesame/ Nori Seasoning
- ¼ Cup GoChuJang – Korean Chili Condiment
- 2 Tablespoons – Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons – Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger – Peeled and Chopped
- Combine all in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more oil if it is too hot
- 4 Wooden Skewers – Soaked in water for a few hours
- 16 Shrimp (16/20) 4 on each Skewer
- 2 Tablespoons – GoChuJang
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Rub the Skewered Shrimp with the GoChuJang – Grill or Bake until the shrimp are cooked all the way through. – 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Toss all the salad ingredients – except the cashews and Furikake with the vinaigrette and serve with the BBQ shrimp. Garnish with Cashews and Furikake on top.