Chef Jet Tila is in the kitchen making mouth-watering Korean ribs with homemade marinade.
Korean BBQ Short Ribs with Cola
- 2 lbs. flanken cut short ribs
- 2 green onions, very finely sliced on an angle
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- (60 ml) 1/4 cup soy sauce, I prefer regular but low sodium is fine
- (60 ml) ¼ cup Coca Cola Classic
- (40 gr) 3 tbsp. brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- half of an apple pear, grated on box grater
Korean BBQ Short Ribs with Cola - Home & Family
- For the marinade, combine the soy sauce, coke, brown sugar, garlic, apple pear and sesame oil in a large bowl.
- Using whisk or fork, stir all the ingredient until the sugar is dissolved and garlic is distributed evenly.
- Add the short ribs and massage the marinade into the beef.
- Cover and allow the short ribs to marinate at least 1 to 4 hours.
- Heat a grill to high for at least 5 minutes. (If using a charcoal or gas grill, wipe the grill grates down with a lightly oiled towel right before cooking to clean any char and debris. This will give you a great grill mark and help the beef from sticking.)
- Pat any marinade off the short ribs and grill for about 4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
Get more recipes from Jet Tila >>
You may also like these recipes:
Sausage and Roasted Vegetable Fusilli Pasta >>
Chef Jet Tila and His Mom Mary Tila Cook Pineapple Fried Rice >>
Get the Recipe for the Korean Ribs >>