Ingredients for Savory Kitten Chow
- ½ cup Butter
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Minced Rosemary
- 1 16-ounce Jar Tahini
- 1 12-ounce box Kix (about 12 cups)
- 4 cups Crushed Pretzel Sticks
- 3 cups Parmesan
- ¾ cup Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Sesame Seeds
- 3 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ¾ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
Ingredients for Football Shaped Cake Balls
- 1 box of Cake Mix
- Egg & Oil (Whatever cake mix calls for)
- 1 Can Chocolate Frosting
- Chocolate Candy Melts
- Shortening/ Crisco
- Paper Lollipop Sticks
- Styrofoam block
- Candy Decorating Pens
Directions for Kitten Chow
1. Melt butter in saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add minced rosemary and cook for 2-3 minutes, until bubbling has mostly subsided
3. Add tahini, stir to combine, remove from heat.
4. In large bowl, combine cereal and pretzels.
5. In small bowl, mix parmesan cheese, corn starch, sesame seeds, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
6. Pour tahini mixture over cereal and stir to combine evenly.
7. Pour parmesan mixture over wet cereal, stir to combine evenly.
Directions for Football Shaped Cake Balls
1. Bake the cake in a 9 x 13" pan according to the directions on the box. Let the cake cool completely.
2. Crumble the cake into small crumbs into a large bowl.
3. Mix in half the jar of frosting (room temperature) using a spoon. You want to consistency to be moist and moldable, but not mushy.
4. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Take a scoops of dough and mold it into a football shapes. Place in fridge.
5. Microwave candy melts in 30 second intervals, stirring between until fully melted.
6. Take chilled footballs out of fridge. Dip ends of lollipop stick into about a ½” of the melted candy and stick into the bottom of footballs. This will help keep the cake balls on the stick. Dip entire cake ball into melted candy and let dry.
7. Once dry use candy pens to draw laces on footballs.