A delicious chicken dinner, full of flavor that can be ready in 15 minutes.
Herby Italian Chicken
- 2 (6- to 8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 cups arugula
- Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of parchment paper. Using a meat tenderizer, pound the breasts until they are about ¼ inch thick.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, oregano, thyme, parsley, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and the salt. Using tongs, add the chicken breasts to the bowl and mix to coat. (Optional: let the coated chicken breasts marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.)
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Pan fry the chicken breasts until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- In a large salad bowl, add the remaining olive oil and lemon juice and the basil. Add the tomatoes and arugula and toss to coat.
- Plate each chicken breast with half of the salad mixture.