- 2 (6- to 8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 cups arugula
1. Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of parchment paper. Using a meat tenderizer, pound the breasts until they are about ¼ inch thick.
2. In a large bowl, combine the garlic, oregano, thyme, parsley, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and the salt. Using tongs, add the chicken breasts to the bowl and mix to coat. (Optional: let the coated chicken breasts marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.)
3. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Pan fry the chicken breasts until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
4. In a large salad bowl, add the remaining olive oil and lemon juice and the basil. Add the tomatoes and arugula and toss to coat.
5. Plate each chicken breast with half of the salad mixture.