A guilt-free dessert from thekelliekitchen.com that is a chocolate lover’s dream come true.
Chocolate Almond Tart
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk or coconut flour
- ¼ cup lakanto monkfruit sweetener or sweetener of choice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup lily's chocolate chips low carb (lily’s or lakanto brand)
- 1 ¼ cup cream
- ¼ cup lakanto monkfruit sweetener powdered, or sweetener of choice
- ⅓ Cup almonds sliced and toasted
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Sift together all dry ingredients for the crust so there are no lumps. Melt the butter and then add the butter to the dry ingredients. Using a fork mix all the ingredients together.
- Press the crust mixture into the 9” round tart pan with removable bottom. Press mixture evenly up the sides of the tart pan and all of the bottom. Prick the bottom of the tart crust with a fork all over to prevent puffing when baking.
- Bake the tart crust for 15 minutes, then remove and let fully cool. Place in fridge to speed up the cooling time if desired.
- Place sliced almonds on dry, rimmed baking sheet. Bake in oven for 5-7 minutes at 350*. Watch the toasting process closely as these cook very quickly. You may even turn the broiler on for 30 seconds to a minute to get a nice toasty brown. Again…watch these closely as they will burn if you walk away. Set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan heat the cream to a medium simmer. Stir the cream gently to fully heat through for 1-3 minutes. Carefully pour hot cream over the chocolate chips and let sit for 1 minute. Gently whisk together the hot cream and the chocolate chips until creamy smooth. Add in the powdered sweetener and continue to whisk gently.
- Evenly pour the chocolate mixture into your cooled tart shell. Spread evenly to cover bottom of crust and all the way to the sides. Sprinkle the toasted almonds over the top of your tart and then chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Slice and serve. Whipped cream or low carb vanilla ice cream optional