- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal Greek, divided
- 3/4 cup Silk Pure Almond Milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. Applesauce (instead of oil)
- 1 Tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, and baking powder in large bowl.
- Mix 1 cup cereal and milk in medium bowl; let stand 3 min.
- Add egg, orange peel, orange juice, and 2 Tbsp. applesauce; mix well.
- Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.) Gently stir in cranberries.
- Crush remaining 1 cup cereal; mix with remaining 1 Tbsp. sugar and 1 tsp. olive oil.
- Spoon batter evenly into 16 paper-lined medium muffin cups. Top with cereal mixture. Bake 22 min. or until muffins are golden brown and wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 min.; remove to wire rack.
- Serve warm or cooled.
Learn more about Karina Smirnoff at: www.karinasmirnoff.com.