- 1.5 lbs. grated jack cheese
- 1 package plain Feta cheese (optional)
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb. filo dough
- 1-2 cubes butter (melted)
You'll also need for later:• 2 additional eggs, beaten • ½ cups milk • 2 tsp. baking powder Recipe:
- Mix 2 eggs (beaten), cheese, and parsley together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Butter a 9x13 baking pan (bottom and sides).
- Divide filo dough into 2 sets of 15 sheets each (NOTE: Make sure filo is thawed.)
- Layer 2 sheets of filo in buttered pan, brush on melted butter, and continue every other 2 sheets until your first set of 15 sheets are done and layered/buttered in pan. (NOTE: Make sure to cover up unused filo with a damp towel in between pulling sheets to layer in pan so that it doesn't dry out.)
- Spread all of egg/cheese mixture over top of 15 layered/buttered sheets in pan.
- Finish layering/buttering the rest of the filo (same way you did before, buttering every 2 sheets) until all of filo is done.
- Place in fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Take pan out of fridge and then cut raw layers into squares inside pan (cut all the way through). Set aside.
- Whisk the other 2 beaten eggs with milk and baking powder. Pour this mixture over raw filo (layered in your pan). Let sit for 10-15 minutes on counter.
- Bake at 350° F for about 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately out of oven. Enjoy!
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.