Chef Jet Tila's Fall steak staple salad will make dinner night easy.
Fall Harvest Steak Salad
- 1 to 1.5 lbs. New York or sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce (4 cups chopped) rinsed and dried
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup roasted pecans halves
- ½ cup sweet blue cheese like gorgonzola, crumbled
MAPLE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE INGREDIENTS:
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, grated over a rasp
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Heavy pinch salt
- Heavy pinch pepper
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel.
- Season generously with salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Place on a plate and drizzle with olive oil.
- Heat a grill to high for at least 5 minutes and grill the steaks for about 3-4 minutes or until well browned on one side. Turn the steaks over and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until steak is medium-rare about 125 or desired doneness.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients except olive oil in a medium bowl, and whisk until well combined. Rain in olive oil in a thin steady stream as you whisk. The mustard in the dressing will grab the oil and make a stable emulsion. Reserve.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all salad ingredients except for the steak. Rain in a nice pinch of salt and pepper. Dress the salad with about half the dressing, toss well to coat. Taste and add dressing to taste.
- Plate the salad then slice the steak into ½” thick tiles and top the salad.
Get more recipes from Jet Tila >>
You may also like these recipes:
Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread >>
Chinese BBQ Pork Lo Mein Noodles >>
Miso Black Cod with Apple Green Bean Salad >>
Korean BBQ Short Ribs with Cola >>