- 1 whole Pound Cake
- 1 gallon Ice Cream
- 1 package Oreo Cookies
- 1 package candy Easter eggs or jelly beans (Coconut and green food coloring optional)
- Small Clay Flower Pots, Lead-free
- Fresh Cut Flowers
- Slice the pound cake into 1 to 1 ½ inch slices and then using a cookie cutter that fits the bottom of the flowerpot cut the slices into rounds. **If your pots are not food safe you can line the flowerpots with aluminum foil.
- Place a round slice of pound cake into each of your (washed and dried) flowerpots; lightly pressing to make sure they are all the way down. Hold a straw up against the side of a flowerpot and snip it so it’s about ½ to 1 inch shorter than the top. Then, just use that as a guide to cut the rest of the straws. Stick each straw into the center of each pot, anchoring it into the cake.
- Carefully spoon your ice cream around the straw until it's one inch from the top. Place all the pots back in freezer.
- In a food processor pulse the Oreo cookies until they resemble nice dirt. (You can also crush them in a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin). When the ice cream is firm, take the pots out of the freezer and spoon the dirt (crushed Oreos) over the top. Place a fresh flower into the straw and set Easter eggs on top. If you are doing the grass version you can add a couple drops of green food coloring to the coconut and spread on top of the dirt as well.
Flowerpot Desserts with Jessie Jane
For more with Jessie Jane, visit lilyshop.com.