• 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter to grease pie dish For Filling:
• 4 cups of fresh blueberries (frozen berries can be used in off-season) • ½ cup sugar • 2 Tablespoons cornstarch • 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice • 1 teaspoon lemon zest • ¼ teaspoon salt • 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter For Cobbler Topping:
• 2 cups all-purpose flour • 3 Tablespoons sugar • 1 teaspoon salt • 1 teaspoon baking powder • ½ cup (8 Tablespoons) unsalted butter, cold and cut into 1-inch cubes • 1 cup heavy cream • 2 Tablespoons heavy cream + 1 Tablespoon sugar (for brushing over cobbler) Recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Put a cookie sheet on the bottom rack of the oven (this will catch any spillover during baking.) Grease a 9-inch pie dish with 1 Tablespoon of butter and set aside.
- To prepare the filling, in a large bowl, combine blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt. Mix well and transfer to pie dish. Dot filling evenly with tiny pieces of butter and set aside.
- To prepare the cobbler topping, in a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder and mix well.
- Add cold butter cubes to flour mixture and pinch with your fingers until butter is the size of tiny peas.
- Add the heavy cream and gently mix with your hands just until you make a soft dough. Do not knead the dough.
- Drop dollops of dough over blueberries. Brush with remaining heavy cream and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes on center rack in the oven until biscuits are golden and filling is bubbling.
- Let cool slightly and serve warm with vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream.