- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco, chilled
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2-3 cups whole pecans
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups corn syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup salted butter, melted
- 6 eggs, beaten
1. In a food processor, sift flour, sugar and salt and pulse to blend.
2. Add Crisco and 1/2 cup butter. Pulse until everything is ground in.
3. While the machine is still on, add water and vinegar. Blend until dough starts to form
4. Divide into three balls and flatten. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place pie crust into bottom of pan. Pour pecans into the bottom.
6. In a large bowl, mix the sugar, brown sugar, salt, corn syrup, vanilla, melted butter and eggs. Pour on top of pecans.
7. Cover pan loosely with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Bake pie until there is very little JIGGLE in the center of the pie.
PIE CRUST: This recipe will make a double crust or 3 single crusts--- the pecan pie recipe needs a single crust. Roll out the dough to completely cover the entire bottom of the pan and over the edges. FLUTE the edges of the dough of the pie pan.