Ingredients for Breakfast in a Shell
- 1 ea. Large egg, topped. Whites removed. Yolk left in shell.
- 1 Tbsp warm semolina (see recipe)
- 1⁄2 tsp crispy pancetta (see recipe)
- 2 Tbsp balsamic cream (see recipe)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp chives
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of masago arrare “rice cracker balls”
Ingredients for Warm Semolina
- 1⁄4 cup semolina flour
- 1 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
Ingredients for Crispy Pancetta
- 1⁄2 cup pancetta, finely diced.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil.
Ingredients for Balsamic Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
Ingredients for Salted Pickles
- 1 oz. cucumber, thinly sliced rounds.
- 1 oz. radish, quartered
- 1 oz. cauliflower, small florets.
- 1⁄2 oz. radicchio, torn
- 2 ea. cabbage leaves. Torn
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 3 ea. Castelvetrano, seeds removed. Halved.
- 1 tsp yuzu juice
- 1 tsp dashi
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Pinch of fresh dill
- 2 ea. Shiso leaves, fine chiffonade.
Directions for Breakfast in a Shell
1) In a small, bring 4-5 cups of water (about 2-3”) to a simmer.
2) Season egg with sea salt and a pinch of chives
3) Once simmering, gently place topped egg in water. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4) Remove cooked egg from water and add warm semolina.
5) Gently top with balsamic cream.
6) Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with sea salt, chives, pancetta and masago arrare.
Directions for Warm Semolina
1) Bring milk to a simmer
2) Whisk in semolina
3) Cook on medium low until thickened (about 5-8 minutes)
4) Add butter, cheese and salt.
Directions for Crispy Pancetta
1) In a small pan, slowly heat up oil and pancetta over medium heat.
2) Continue to cook until fully rendered and crispy (about 10-15 minutes)
3) Once crispy, transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
Directions for Balsamic Cream
1) Combine all the ingredients and whisk until soft peaks.
2) Transfer to a piping bag.
Directions for Salted Pickles
1) Combine cucumber, radish, cauliflower, radicchio, cabbage and salt.
2) Set aside for 1 hour.
3) After 1 hour, rinse and drain.
4) Combine with the remaining ingredients.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page