Makes 12 Rolls
1. Pour the milk, melted butter and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Sprinkle the yeast over the milk mixture and allow to sit and begin to foam for 5 minutes.
2. Add the eggs, 4 cups of flour and salt and mix on medium speed until the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl. If the dough is too soft, add the remaining ½ cup of flour. Continue mixing the dough for approximately 5 minutes to knead the dough. Remove bowl from the mixer and cover with plastic wrap. Place the dough in a warm spot in your kitchen for 60 minutes and the dough has doubled in size.
3. While the dough is rising, prepare the cinnamon filling. Combine all the filling ingredients in a medium bowl, and stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until smooth and completely combined.
4. Turn risen dough out onto a well-floured work surface. Fold dough into thirds and press flat. Roughly shape into a rectangle and roll out into a 16 x 20 inch sheet. Using a spatula spread cinnamon filling over the entire surface of the dough. Starting at the long edge, roll the dough tightly to form a long, tight log. Cut into 12 equal rolls and place cut-side up into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and allow rolls to rise in a warm spot for 20 - 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake the risen rolls for 20 - 25 minutes and the edges and tops are golden brown.
6. While rolls are baking, prepare the icing by combining the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Whisk together until smooth and creamy. When the rolls come out of the oven, spread the icing over the top and allow it to seem down into the center. Serve warm or at room temperature.