- 4 soft-shell crabs, cleaned and patted dry
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Sliced lemon, for garnish
Season the crabs with salt and pepper. Put the flour in a shallow bowl and dredge each crab in it. Set the floured crabs aside.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the crabs and sauté them until soft, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove the crabs from the oil, transfer to a paper lined plate to drain and set them aside.
Add the garlic to the skillet and cook it for 1 minute. Then add the chopped green onions and white wine. Cook until the wine has reduced to about half. Swirl in the butter and season with salt and pepper.
Transfer crabs to a plate, spoon sauce over them, and garnish with a lemon slice. Serve immediately.