Haylie Duff is in the kitchen making mouth-watering vegetarian tacos with pickled onions.
Lunch, Dinner, Main
- 2 cans jackfruit in brine, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tb olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tb chili powder
- 1 Tb garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 Tb tomato paste
- 1 Tb coconut aminos
- Juice of small orange
- Juice of lime
- In a large skillet, add diced onion to olive oil and cook 2-5 minutes or until onion is soft. Rough chop drained jackfruit ants with all seasoning in a mixing bowl then add to skillet. Let cook 5 minutes. Then add orange juice, lime juice, coconut aminos and tomato paste. Gently combine and let cook another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve in corn tortillas with avocado, jalapeños, pickled onions and your favorite salsa!
- Slice 1 red onion into thin rings and place into a large glass bowl. Bring 3 Tb sugar, 3 Tb peppercorns, 2 Tb salt to a boil with 2 cups red vinegar.
- Once bubbling, remove from heat. Pour over onion slices and let cool. Transfer to a mason jar and store in fridge once cool.