- 5T unsalted butter
- 5T ap flour
- 1 large onion, small dice
- 3 medium carrots peeled, small dice
- 3 medium stalks of celery, small dice
- 2 medium red potatoes, small dice
- 1-2 small sweet potatoes, peeled, small dice
- 1/3 c peas
- 1# chicken breasts, cut into 2x2” cubes
- 3 c chicken stock or broth
- 1 tsp chopped oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1x box of premade pie dough, cut to fit bowl you are using (2 per package, two per dough)
- 1 egg+ 1 Tb water (egg wash)
1) Make a roux with the butter and flour. Add the mirepoix and
2) Add the two types of potatoes and saute.
3) Add chicken stock, chicken, peas, and the seasonings. Simmer until potatoes are soft and chicken is cooked through. Make a cornstarch slurry if not thick enough.
4) Let cool slightly. Ladle into oven safe bowls and top with decorated pie
dough. Seal edges with a crimp or a fork and brush with the egg wash.
5) Bake in a 450 oven until golden brown, about 25-30 minutes. Let cool for
about 10-15 before eating.